Monday, November 5, 2012

Cookies and Charlotte

Work is going well and I am learning a great deal more about bras and underwear than I had ever had an inclination to know.  Still, it's all very valuable as I, myself, am an avid bra wearer - ah, the curse/blessing of having voluptuous boobies to contend with!  I have met all of the women who work at the store now and I mentioned to them today that my girl friend bakes.  They anxiously await cookies and treats from my significant other.  I was worried at first that being open about my relationship to Hannah would cause them to mistrust me in some way, that they would see me as a 'man hating, vengeful lesbian eager to take over the world one boob at a time!'  But so far, I think they find me rather adorable and that's good because I am adorable.

In other news, I finally received a letter from Queens University of Charlotte.  They rejected my application and made sure to mention that due to the volume of applicants they were unable to give me any personalized feedback as to my writing sample.  Well that's just fine.  It reinforces my decision to attend Solstice and it keeps me from getting a big head.  Hannah and my mother were worried that it would upset me to receive the rejection letter but in actuality it will be the first of many to come in my future as a writer and I welcome it with open arms.  Perhaps this means I am settling, but other than PLU in Tacoma, the college that I talked about the most, the program that I felt most drawn to, was none other than Solstice in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.  I have already sent in my tuition deposit and all I have to do now is seize some plane tickets before Holiday inflation hits.  Thankfully my job has no issues with me taking time off to attend residencies.  In that I am very fortunate.  My manager's willingness to work around my needs and her patience with me on the work floor have definitely sealed the deal: they will be getting cookies!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you think you're adorable, lol =^.^= They will get cookies or something soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seize the plane, Ms. Adorable Pony Pants! xD

    ReplyDelete