Sunday, May 19, 2013

Looking Ahead, Fretting the Now

My cousin Kat is en route to Tulsa, OK where she will be living for a year or so.  It's a long way away from me.  I will miss her horribly.  This move has me thinking all about Hannah and myself.  In the end, what needs to happen is this: we need to have steady sources of income and we need to put between a hundred and two hundred away each paycheck.  Then we need to talk to HUD or to a bank or something!  Then we need to put a down payment toward either a town home (somewhere in the neighborhood of 6K-10K) or a house (around 10K-25K depending).  Then we can either pay the rent at a reduced price or pay off the mortgage at a reasonable amount.  This is what needs to happen.  We are both almost thirty.  We are stir crazy and need a place that we can paint the hell out of and build onto.  We need a garden, we need a life.  We need a huge Saint Andrew's cross in the basement and a high enough ceiling so that we can have fun.  It's stressful.  But the other part of this is - where will this be.  If we go to Kansas, then we will go for the town homes that her parents live in.  They have great space and are low on rent.  But what about a house?  If I were to graduate and get in with a community college or something like that... then wouldn't a home be feasible?  A home in Coeurd'Alene maybe?  Or somewhere in Kansas not necessarily Wichita?  I think Wichita is the only place I would be willing to live in Kansas but then again what about Washington?  What about Spokane and Liberty Lake and Moses Lake and all these damn lakes?  Where indeed.

Enough of my ranting.  Onward to life as it is: I am working on a couple of books for this last fifth of the quarter.  More than anything, however, I want to write, write, write.  That will be pretty much my entire day today and tomorrow.  I just cleaned up the bedroom and tonight I'll be camping in the living room on the air mattress (cuz I can!) and then I'll finish deep cleaning the bathroom tomorrow.  At the moment, I just miss Hannah like crazy.  Her being in Kansas for a month without me is just too long I think.  I really miss her and her kitties really miss her.  I have a sneaking suspicion that she also misses me.

I have some stuff to read for the residency but I can do most of that in June.  More than even how much I'm worrying over the final packet, I am starting to stress about workshops.  I think, in the end, I am going to workshop Death Man.  Two fresh chapters.  But I need to get as far along as I can because I need to solidify some sort of plot line (a very loose one) that I can present as the before and after of the chapters I submit.  Oh logistics, thou always dost make shit cake out of creativity.  So, wish me luck in my Death Man endeavors.  I think I will be posting a few snippets from the story on the blog once I am satisfied with them.  And satisfied is such an ethereal state when it comes to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment