Saturday, November 16, 2013

Christmas? Why wait!

Busy day today!  I forgot my medicine last night and so I'm bordering on mania which is alright because today was a Christmas Spirit day!  We started it off by going up to the garage and storing away all our Halloween goodies and dragging down all the Christmas shit we've accumulated over the years.  And there's a lot.  The tree is not up and decorated (we still have so much more to put on it) and we have figured out a variety of things to put on the gift table for our Family Christmas Party coming up the first part of December.  I'm really excited because we're going to make two candle platters as well as a kitchen basket filled with lots of seasonal cooking accessories.

We found a mini tree in the garage that has been used in the past for birthday celebrations.  It's about two feet tall, pure white, and covered in little lights.  Well, tonight Hannah and I covered that little tree with over fifty My Little Ponies.  It's ridiculous and wonderful and my Avengers Hawkeye action figure is standing guard at the base protecting the Pony Tree.  Yep, I'd say we got a fairly good start on Christmas.  I have gifts to wrap and a few more gifts to get but other than that I'm doing quite well.  And it's not even Thanksgiving yet.

4 comments:

  1. So jealous! Our decorations aren't going up till Thanksgiving weekend, and I can't wait! Our tree is kind of dying, so we got TWO skinny trees today, and they should be here by the end of the week. I love your My Little Pony tree haha and oh my God you guys are so far ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I said, why wait! I pretty much just want to get all of the chaos of decorating done and over with. But Amanda's Mom is asking that we hold off on a lot of it until after Thanksgiving. This from the woman who said when she got back she wanted all the fall/Halloween stuff taken down and Christmas stuff up. Uh huh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah my mom's like that, too. She wants one holiday at a time. Only I hate Thanksgiving, like a lot of American holidays, it's rooted in the great tradition of bullying so I don't feel the need to celebrate it too much, I'd rather skip right from Halloween atmosphere to Christmas atmosphere. I freaking love Christmas music, and I love driving around to look at people's Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy Thanksgiving for the dinner only - I'm with you! I think it should be Halloween vibe and then right to Christmas vibe. I love looking at Christmas lights too - I am really excited for this year.

      Delete