Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day and the Day After


It was probably one of the best Valentine's Days that I've ever had in my adult life.  It was simple and sweet and drunk.  Hannah picked me up from work a bit after six and when we got home my mother put on the steaks (it was the last thing to cook and she wanted them to be super fresh).  We ate by candlelight.  Dinner consisted of steak, asparagus, light fruit salad, and rolls.  Mom also gave us all a chocolate heart (small and cream filled) from my Aunt Nan.  After dinner there were cupcakes but more importantly there was dice!  We played Bupkiss, which is a slightly more cutthroat version of Farkle.  Hannah won twice, dad won once, and I lost my ass all three times which is pretty normal for me in most games.  I told them we should keep playing until I won and they opted out of that arrangement as we would probably still be playing.

During all of this there was wine.  A box of wine for dad and me, and a bottle of Arbor Mist for Hannah and mom.  The bottle didn't last very long.  The box lasted but only because it contained 5 liters.  But I sure did my best to deplete it!  After the dice game we sat down together and watch two movies that I borrowed from a coworker.  The first, Stir of Echoes, is probably the best Kevin Bacon film I've seen to date and the second was a cute comedy, The Maiden Heist, starring Christopher Walken, Morgan Freeman, and William H. Macy.  I love those guys!  And I loved them even more after a couple of liters of wine.  Somehow I was sober enough to make popcorn for everyone (I only spilled one bowl!).  

Then came the night.  Hannah was very tired and so was I.  But I was also a little drunk.  And horny.  So we cuddled, sleepily, until I licked her neck and then she woke the fuck right up!  It was a good night I have to say.  Unfortunately I had to work the next day.  Today.  So I got up and made everyone a nice breakfast before dashing off to take a shower because, let's face it, I smelled like wine and women.  


Work was a surprise for me today - after weeks and weeks of glacial slowness and boredom at the bra shop, we finally had a busy, busy day!  It was a treat.  I was able to get half of 'Feed' highlighted for source quotes, but that was all I could do in the way of homework.  Usually I can do a bit more but it was just so marvelously busy.  

After work Hannah and I went to Denny's to have nachos (we were going to have mom and dad come too but mom's been feeling a little sick so we ordered an extra nachos to bring home to them).  We sat at the back of the restaurant in a little alcove where we sat side by side in a both and chatted with our usual server (happily he's almost always the one we get) - he's a nice young man with a sort of goth look going on that's pretty adorable.  While we ate our dinner, another couple, seated about thirty feet or so away from us, did the awkward staring thing.  The woman had to literally twist her body around to see us, which she did quite often throughout the meal.  When she wasn't twisting to gawk, she would raise up her hand and cover the side of her face like she was shielding herself from our presence.  There was no one else around that she could be looking or 'not' looking at, so we knew her issue was with us.  Hannah wondered if she was appalled at our plumpness and then worried that the older couple didn't like seeing two women sitting together on the same bench like *gasp* lovers.  But I know the truth.  They were actually time travelers and happened to recognize us as famous novelists from the near future but were too shy to ask us for autographs and had to content themselves with longing, nervous glancing.  

After stuffing ourselves with nachos and silently bidding farewell to our time travelling visitors, we returned home.  Hannah informed me that earlier today my medical staples arrived.  If she's game, I'm going to have her put in four or five staples down each breast so that I can lace it up corset style before work tomorrow.  Sundays are usually pretty slow; I could go for a nice perpetual endorphin high during the long shift.

1 comment:

  1. Fuck those people...for their information I have sat side by side with friends before, when it was just the two of us, and actually only once have I done that with a *lover* when we were the only two. They're just jelly because their love has probably gone stale and yours hasn't. :P

    ReplyDelete