Wednesday, September 9, 2015

List Update and Tacos

Recently I reconnected with family from Colorado. My "long-story-short" adoptive Auntie and Brother were up here for the weekend until today. I learned a few things while they were here. Some of the things I learned were incident while others were directly because of the visit. Nevertheless, here are some of the things I learned about myself, about others, and about the universe this past weekend:

  1. I absolutely hate celery seed. There are times I will tolerate the hint of celery in a sauce or the actual presence of it in a stew, but celery seeds are repugnant.
  2. I believe in olive oil. 
  3. Frankie can't handle his liquor. And he doesn't like being laughed at either.
  4. Taco Tuesday!
  5. In the great debate of money versus happiness, I choose happiness, much to the chagrin of my Auntie who seems to think that money will make everything all right.
  6. I don't really want a government job.
  7. Nearly all of my close friends and associates (the people I hang with) suffer from mental/physical problems. Many rely on SSI. And almost everyone is poor. Some are making it, some are struggling. Some have worked damn hard to get where they are and are pillars of humility and generosity. No one is rich. Not really. And all of my friends are fragile from time to time. And yet I still like them and don't want to hang with a "better" crowd.
  8. Did I mention Taco Tuesday? $6 all you can eat tacos every Tuesday at Azteca after 4PM!
  9. It really bothers me when people come into my home and try to "retrain" my cat to better suit their expectations. This is her home. Back off.
  10. I don't like Kohl's.
  11. I'm so Borderline sometimes that I cannot fucking function.
  12. Depression meds are my friend.
  13. I love skulls on my clothing.
  14. I love opals. And I want an opal in my engagement/wedding ring.
  15. There are people out there who are unaware of marriage equality. Their ignorance disturbs me.
"You want me off this table? Oh, well, it doesn't hurt you to want. Pbbbbbt!"

No comments:

Post a Comment