Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 8 and Day 9 - Cake and Nails!

For Day 8 of Creative October, I cooked a pink cake! Mom gave me a pink velvet cake mix to take to Chris's. And Chris bought whipped strawberry icing. I put two and two together today and covered half the top with strawberries. Yes this was technically a follow the directions project, but I'm going to count it as it is pink and unusual and delicious. To answer the questions: 1) pink cake with strawberries on top; 2) I learned that whipped icing is yummier than regular icing and that pink cake mix starts white and only turns pink once it becomes wet; and 3) Yes I completed the project. 

We learned also that whipped strawberry frosting tastes like marshmallows!
For Day 9 of Creative October I decorated my nails with Monster High nail wraps. I wore these to teh Maiden Mother Crone class put on by the IEPG. Yes, I completed the project. I learned that these nail wraps were too big for almost all of the nails so I had to do quite a bit of manual trimming. But other than that, this activity reaffirmed for me that I really enjoy nail wraps as they are quick and easy and you can find the most freaky fabulous designs!

They were cute. And matched my dress fairly well.
One day behind now. Until tomorrow, then I'll be two days behind! So let's hope I can finally get caught up before my long work week begins on Monday. Hooray for taking the bus! Maybe I'll make some fun map art or something to chronicle my adventures as a bus riding fool. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful nails! Keep going you're almost caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those the wraps I gave you? If they are, Party City needs to check themselves haha cuz those nails are supposed to be for little kids, so if they're too big for grown-up nails...
    But they look fabulous, and I was overcome with Amanda love when I saw them in the store. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They totally are the ones you gave me! ^_^ They are super cute but yeah they were really big! I was shocked LOL I thought that they would be all teeny and I had to trim trim trim! XD But I loved them anyway <3

      Delete