Thursday, June 16, 2016

Dancing, Feasting, and Calling Down the Moon



True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
Erich Segal

I stayed late at work. When friend Rachel picked me up from work today I was angsty and upset and ready to have a little bit of a break down. She let me vent and by the time we got home I felt much better. This friend of mine, she is the Kettle Korn maker. Her business is Black Fire Kettle Corn and she recently made an Oreo batch. Delicious. Or, as they say in Japan, umai!

After we got back to my place, Rachel, Hannah, and I headed over to Mission park for a much anticipated induction into the Society of Creative Anachronism. The local group is the Barony of Wealdsmere in the Kingdom of An Tir. I want to do fighting with this group but just for tonight I did dancing and chatting. It was pretty goddamn exhilarating seeing all the people suited up in armor and beating the shit out of each other. Honestly it was like organized chaos and everyone was welcoming and happy that we were there. We ran into several friends. Hugs happened. Court dancing happened. Grand plans for drinking happened. Which leads me to now:

Here I sit with a wine spritzer beside me as Rachel watches over the foods in the kitchen and Hannah watches historical Chinese make up routines on YouTube. We're going to drink the rest of the blush tonight (it's a two-third full jug of bliss) and then maybe watch a movie, or wax philosophical. It's been a hell of a ride the past eleven days and I just want to relax with my crazy ladies and not think about anything having to deal with work. Except, uh...

The article about Danielle's Stitch and Witch group hit the paper today. It's a pretty neat article and I'm happy that our paper covered a Pagan topic. We have a huge "Religious Calendar" section filled with nothing but Christian events and services, but today we paid homage to our Mother. And I'm thrilled about it. I'd like to see more coverage. In fact, I'm contemplating writing an opinion piece about my religious experiences since finding my path and finding my Spiritual family here in Spokane, Washington. But that will have to wait. For now I'm focusing on the Rose/Strawberry Moon. Hannah and I have been invited to a friend's house on Monday. We'll be celebrating the full moon with food over the fire pit and fellowship. I'm going to lead a small Strawberry ritual, totally relaxed, and call down the moon. I've missed the Moon. I've missed focusing my energy on her.

Last thing: I learned about this thing called a Glitter Bomb. You can actually send an envelope full of glitter to an enemy (or friend) and when they open it up they'll enjoy a fucking mess to clean up, A mess that they'll find traces of for next several years. Glitter, as I have heard it called, is craft herpes: use glitter in the home once and you'll be stuck finding bits of it everywhere forever. Apparently there is also a way to send gummy dicks to your enemies. Less messy, but more kinky. And honestly I have a lot of friends who would love getting gummy dicks in the mail randomly. At the moment I'm pondering if sending everyone an anonymous bag of gummy dicks for Christmas would make Christmas shopping a total breeze. >_^

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amanda, thanks for stopping by my blog and following. It's nice to meet Hannah's other half. I hope your Solstice celebration was induced with all the witchy goodness that comes with this Strawberry Moon. Solstice blessings!

    ReplyDelete