Friday, June 24, 2016

The Summer Bucket List


Yea, all things live forever, though at times they sleep and are forgotten. 

Several of my friends have made summer bucket lists for this summer and Hannah and I felt it a good idea to join. I think Hannah is going to post a bucket list on her blog and while many of the items on the list are things we are planning to do together, my list does have a few different things that are 'Amanda specific.' I shall notate those with an asterisk. Because noting with an asterisk is fun.

This summer I want to do the following (in no particular order):
  1. Run through the sprinklers
  2. Go to Silverwood (at least three times!)
  3. Go camping
  4. Star gaze
  5. Be naked outside
  6. Spend time in a cave
  7. Complete my Camp NaNoWriMo goal of 25K words
  8. Play in Lake Coeur'd Alene
  9. Eat campfire food
  10. Hike Tubb's Hill
  11. Paint each nail a different color
  12. Read one fiction book
  13. Read one writing craft book
  14. Do an ephemeral art project such as body painting
  15. See a waterfall
  16. Do the Yoga DVD
  17. Learn how to fight (SCA style)
  18. Go to a hot srpings
  19. Test drive a car
  20. Get my passport
  21. Go to Canada
  22. Spend the night ghost hunting
  23. Go to an anime convention
  24. Go to the Planetarium at SCC
This list is subject to some change. Finances may or may not be available for all of these things so I might put on an alternate to certain activities. But these are the things I really want to do this summer as it stands now. These are the components of "Summer 2016." I'm hoping to have a few of these marked off the list after this weekend and the next. Some of these things I figure I'll do multiple times but they are still worthy of the list as they still take me out of the regular norm. I've been a busy person the last several years (MFA stuff, work, moving, more job stuff) and now I'm at the point where creativity and imagination are starting to stir back up. I want to live life more fully and right now the best way to jump start that is to tackle this list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment