Sunday, August 7, 2016

Beneath My Feet - Picture Extravaganza

Before we get started today I just wanted to share with everyone that I spent this morning outside with a Q-tip impregnating pumpkin buds. It's not often that I get to participate in plant sex but it's a real treat when the opportunity comes along. Moving on. 


Today friend Rachel and I decided to mark off a few more things on our summer bucket lists. Which worked perfectly for August Breaks theme of "Beneath my feet." Today I took pictures of all the things that were beneath my feet as Rachel and I hiked Tubb's Hill in CdA. I'm going to put all of my pictures first and in order of the hike and then I'll include a few of Rachel's too. 

This guy is a stature honoring farmers, miners, and loggers who settled this area.

Beneath my feet is a giant Sundial. We started our hiking at a little after 4 PM.

Here's a bigger view of the whole Sundial.

The power pedestal tells lays out all the options. We took the route to the Hill.

Mudgie and Millie are famous in this area. So of course I had to get friend Rachel to pose with the Moose and the Mouse.

My boot on a root.

Rachel's very smooth bottomed sneakers.

This boot rocks. And so does the trail.

I wanted to show a little bit of the 'above' since I'm showing so much of the 'below.'

That thing out there in the water is to help break up the wake from larger boats before the waves can cause trouble at the marina and the docks.

Sitting on a rock overhanging the water. Beneath our feet is the vastness of Lake Coeurd'Alene. It was fun and a little scary to get this picture.

Beneath feet: other feet.And sparkling waters.

In a world filled with phallic symbols sometimes it's nice to just sit back and enjoy a vagina.

A lovely path through the trees.
 
The cruise boat that tours Lake CdA every day.

Apart from being my favorite number, 13 marks the halfway point on this trail. 

And 14 is Rachel's favorite number so I decided to snap a shot of that one as well.

Some carved words. The forest was full of personalized tags. I don't mind it so much if they tag fallen trees but leave the living trees alone please. This one was on a fallen log so I nabbed a shot of it.

Dew drops in the afternoon. Precious.

This bridge was beneath our feet.

Thank you Art Manley.
Hail Cernunnos! (What did I tell you about phallic objects?)

So this is not technically part of the trail. It is the entryway to someone's house near Tubb's Hill. I felt a bit like a creeper taking the photo but oh-my-gods isn't this the cutest little garden path ever?!
So now I'll add a few of Rachel's pics from the day. I shall forewarn you, her camera is much more amazing than mine. Enjoy some pretty views of the lake and also a nice pre-hike selfie.

Rachel and a crazy lady who wanted to be in the picture too!

The west shore of the hill.

Another view of the west shore. Such a pretty evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment