Thursday, August 11, 2016

Green, Royo, Orc Story for Extra XP

Today's prompt for August Break was green. There is so much green everywhere I look that I sort of felt overwhelmed. I tend to overdo it with the pictures as it is so I wanted just a few really fun ones today. So a coworker, hearing of my green plight, offered up her cute bouncy froggy for my consideration and voila! We photographed the cute little frog in front of the giant pickle jar we have on our wall. We follow the 'give em the pickle' philosophy in our customer service department and so pickles are a major theme here. Figured the frog could enjoy some gherkins while bouncing around for the photo op. Also the pickles are nice and green.



For the Tarot draw today I used the Royo Dark Tarot. This is kind of a hard deck to read from (quite often the naughty images cause me some knee squeezing which makes it difficult to hone in on certain images and meanings) but I enjoy it immensely. The art is art done separately of the tarot deck and then edited to fit certain cards. I think, overall they did a really awesome job with it. And even if someone couldn't read very well from the deck it's nice to own it just as a means to have a mini gallery of 78 of Royo's pieces.
 
The control of strange forces. The triumph of meditation and discipline. Head to head, the interior and the exterior.
I drew the Knave of Cups. I couldn't find a really large image of this card so I'll share what I have and give my personal impression of the card. When I see this Knave of Cups I see a very naked woman - which isn't exactly unusual for Luis Royo's art. But what's neat here is that she's the symbol of emotional awakening. She's a Knave and so she's at the beginning of a journey and she's emotionally open (naked) to whatever comes her way. Also she is very calm and confident in herself (her inner calm) despite the intense emotions and intentions flying around her. I need to aim to be more like her and not let others' emotions invade and disrupt my inner peace. She is strong and armed but her biggest asset is her confidence. I'm need to relax the nagging in the back of my brain and ignore the nagging outside my brain and just have some faith in myself and the situation.

And lastly, because I felt this sort of fit in with the green theme, I'm going to share a very short and 'painful' to read story about my D&D character that I play during lunch times with the guys upstairs at my job. Our DM (because we were all pretty close to leveling up) gave us the chance to gain extra experience points if we each wrote a short piece about our respective characters. So without further ado, here's my terrible Lars narrative.

A Grammatically Atrocious History of Lars the Half-Orc Paladin


When Lars was puny child, Lars knew two things. First, he know earth worms really do taste like earth. And next he know Orc are enemy. Orcs are the reason I am the way I am. Why my brain doesn’t work right. Humans who raised Lars taught him about his brain and about all brains. Ego and Id and other stuff. They forgot to teach him what brains taste like though. So he learn that on his own. (Not quite earthworm, but not bad). Humans who raise Lars tell him: “Lars, don’t put that in your mouth.” They also tell me: “No hit, no bite.” But it hard not to hit. Hard not to bite. Humans make Lars so sad. And Orcs make Lars so MAD! Sometimes all he want to do is hit and bite forever. 

One day, people who raised Lars tell him, “Please leave.” They say Lars interrupts their peaceful ways. Say that Lars needs to find his own path. So Lars leave. But Lars not alone. He has his Lady with him. She is only friend he needs. But sometimes, I meet other animals. They like to hit and bite. They have weird brains. Same as Lars. They play with him. Great big wolves. Birds. Bores. I am kind to them. Sometimes I kill them and eat them. But even then, Lars not mean. He pray to the Wargod that the animal spirits forgive him. If they do not forgive, I will deal with that when I meet them in the afterlife. 

I am all grown now. Very big. And when Lars look in water and see himself looking back he think: “Hey, you not so ugly!” Not that Lars care. Lars only care about crushing his enemy. So I travel with Lady and we go hunting for things to kill. Not really looking for friends but sometimes Lars meets things he likes. He likes the things he travels with right now. I know their names! Which is big deal…. for Lars anyway. 

Es’rus likes to tease Lars. But Es’rus is girly elf boy and Lars not mind his teasing. Probably, elf is projecting his own fears and feelings of inadequacy onto Lars. But Lars like elf anyway. There is a shorty-short dwarf too. His name is Lehnard… but sometimes he is Dranhel (Lars suspect dissociative identity disorder). Dwarf likes to make dead things run. Dwarf also likes to bleed. Poor Dwarf. There is also a bulky humany thing. Kneel. He is strange. Likes to go first, likes to hit things. And likes anything shiny. Lars think it sad that Kneel tries to fill loneliness with money. But, uh, Lars have to admit it sure is fun to open treasure chests! I love surprises. Even if they bite back. Lastly is Loot’gar. He is really amazing ranger… who leads us a to bunny-wearing-man-eating tree stump. Poor Loot’gar learned what it look like on the inside of that stump. I think he still sees the inside of the stump whenever he sleeps. Lars notice him twitch sometimes and mutter, “fucking bunnies,” under his breath. 

Yeah, this is best group. Just like Pinkie Pie is best pony. And unless we get eaten by wall puke, or sucked dry by flying bat-bugs, or run out of shiny things, Lars think, “hey, we make a good team.” And Lars usually right. Especially about earthworms. Taste like earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment