Friday, August 19, 2016

Sturgeon Moon Last Night - 5 Years Ago and The Rede

Last night I celebrated the Sturgeon Full Moon. We made Dryad boats and I led a Sturgeon hunting guided meditation. The prompt for August Break that day was "Five Years Ago" so while getting ready for the Sturgeon hunt we chatted about where we were five years ago and if life was better or worse. The general consensus was that life kind of sucked five years ago. But I would also like to say that out of the 'pain' and 'wrongness' of five years ago, we are all now here. So even though things were bad, they were necessary in a way. I have a picture from five years ago. I have many pictures from that time but I think this is the only one I'll share. It is a picture of my silly face on Halloween 2011 shortly before Hannah and I moved back up to Idaho.  

Five years ago... I had no gray hair. Interesting.
The August Break for today is 'Hands' and I'll be posting a picture of my hands later. I'll also check off another item on my Summer Bucket List (painting each nail a different color)! But for now I'm just going to share my silly sinister ice queen grin. 


For my daily tarot draw: last night I drew a cared from The Well Worn Path deck. I drew the Rede. According the card guide book this card usually shows up when someone is questioning their own integrity in belief and their reasons for their actions. For me it, this card cements that I need to seek my heart's desire. I need to put myself out there with perfect love and perfect trust as it says in the Wiccan Rede. Today, after I rest for a few and recuperate from the shock of how goddamned expensive my bras are, I'm going to edit the first chapter of my dream-eater novel.

My draw today was from Tarot of the Mystical Cats. This deck was given to us by the daughter of a dear friend. The cats in it are gorgeous and I think the card I drew today is going to be the new kitty someday. Hannah's wanted a big fluffy orange boy kitty for a long time and the Fire King is perfect.

The Cat's Advice: Stand proudly and claim your own power. No one can deny that you have what it takes to be a good leader, and you inspire others with your confidence. Whatever task you undertake now can be accomplished well if you apply all of your energies to it.
I think given my decision about editing and getting my submission to Inkshares and Geek and Sundry ready to go, this fire kitty (King of Wands) is sort of a nod from the divine saying, "Yeah, okay, we know you can do this. So do it." Just look at that gorgeous cat up there on his pedestal so regal and confident. He expects something of me and I know he can make my life a living hell if I don't give it to him. Such is life with cats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment