Monday, August 8, 2016

Update on Summer Bucket List and Playing Catch-up with Lover's Path Tarot

Hannah did an update on her summer bucket list so I figured I would do one too. Here goes:
  1. Run through the sprinklers
  2. Go to Silverwood (at least three times!) (gone twice)
  3. Go camping
  4. Star gaze
  5. Be naked outside
  6. Spend time in a cave
  7. Camp NaNoWriMo (substituting: Enter the Geek and Sundry contest)
  8. Play in Lake Coeur'd Alene
  9. Eat campfire food
  10. Hike Tubb's Hill
  11. Paint each nail a different color
  12. Read one fiction book
  13. Read one writing craft book
  14. Do an ephemeral art project such as body painting
  15. See a waterfall
  16. Do the Yoga DVD
  17. Learn how to fight in the SCA
  18. Go to a hot srpings
  19. Test drive a car
  20. Get my passport
  21. Go to Canada (substituting: Go huckleberry picking)
  22. Go ghost hunting
  23. Go to an anime convention (substituting: Submit short story for publication)
  24. Go to the Planetarium at SFCC
My tarot draw from yesterday was from The Lover's Path Tarot. While shuffling one card jumped out at me. So I kept it but also went ahead and drew one more and that was my first Major Arcana card this month. The Fool, or in this deck, Innocence. The other card that jumped out at me was coins. Again. This suit is not being subtle at all.

The start of a great journey. New ventures and risks. Innocence that allows one to be open to possibilities, and protects from difficulties. Facing fears. Trusting your heart. Optimism. Feeling protected by divine forces. (Reversed or weakly aspected: Ignoring your better instincts. Cynicism and pessimism. Distrust of the self or others. Unwillingness to make a start.)

Building of career, relationships, or home. Alchemy, or turning base energy into gold. The ability to manifest material goods or business success. Cooperating with others to construct such a venture. (Reversed or weakly aspected: Recheck plans for expansion--are they practical? Are they appropriate for your abilities? Time for a reality check from those who may be more experienced.
My feeling about the draws: firstly, I am and always will be the Fool. I have three A's in my first name. Three fools right there front and center. I tend toward leaps of faith and wildly, childishly flinging myself into the arms of the universe. Recently I made a sort of a pact with the universe. If you do A then I'll do B. And any day now I'll see if the universe really is going to do A. This could mean a lot of changes for me and I've found that the more I try to make things fit the worse they turn out. So I'm going to sit back and let what I've said come to fruition. If you do A then I'll do B. I'm anxious and eager, but I've laid my cards on the table and now I wait.  

As far at the three of coins goes, I'm not surprised that I drew yet another coin. I figure I'll get the near the entire suit by the end of this month. Three is a magic number and this month is going to be one of magic. I foresee my life being different when I enter into September. By Mabon I'll be in a different place emotionally and spiritually, perhaps even physically. I will turn my ideas and labors into gold. I will work with the tools the goddess has provided me and I will be victorious.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun summer bucket list! You're running out of time though! Better get busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have to get my butt in gear. I'll get several done in the next couple of weeks but I really have to get busy. :)

      Delete