Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Yellow Pictures and Red Tarot Cards

August Break: Yellow!









Tarot draw from last night was the Mermaid of the Eclipse from the Oracle of Shadows & Light.  She's a decidedly red beast swimming in the red seas. In the Oracle book written by Lucy Cavendish this card means: A deeply emotional energetic shift, akin to that of a powerful full eclipse, is taking place in your life. There could be revelations, scandals, and truths being told, too, at this time, and you may feel the urge to change what you eat, how you look and dress, how you express yourself, what classes you take, who you hang out with, and what you thought you wanted to do with your life. If you are on the path, your own soul path, everything that takes place will be good and right, even if it is disruptive. If you have not placed your feet on the path, this time may feel more disruptive, tumultuous, and surprising! An change at this time will bring you closer to the who you truly are. It is up to each of us to choose how we move through an eclipse. Only one thing is certain: resistance is futile!


My interpretation of this beautiful red mermaid is to 'let it happen.' Whatever 'it' is. Lots of things going on right now. August has been a month of possibilities and exhaustion. So much I want to do and so much I need to get done. So many options and so little time. It's kind of a whirlwind and I think this mermaid is telling me to just chill and let the whirlwind swarm around me and just sort of see where it takes me. Go with it! Many of my cards this month have given me similar messages. I think I get it already. But as I haven't actually sat down to listen to lessons yet they just keep screaming at me. 

The other tarot draw produced a rather different card from the rest of the drawings. I got the Nine of Swords from Hannah's very old and very worn Tarot of the Witches. To anyone who knows Tarot, the Nine of Swords is not a very nice card for a single draw. It is the nightmare card and it's one that I have drawn quite often in the past. On the surface level it really does speak to nightmares or things that upset or terrify us, things that keep us up at night worrying. It can also reflect our feelings about a certain situation or a deeper sadness or worry that we've been pushing deep down and bottling up that is about to explode. In the small booklet that accompanies this tarot deck the Nine of Swords is described in this way: Misery. Concern. Quarrel. Disappointment. Despair. Unhappiness. Worry.


When I drew this very red card of accusatory swords I sighed and slumped a little and wondered what the universe was trying to tell me. Shortly after the draw I learned that my dear friend was having emergency dental surgery and had asked for positivity to be sent her way. I also suddenly because a puddle of angst. Despite the very chipper day I was having at work, I just grumped out the rest of the afternoon. I was sad about my friend and sad about a lot of things. And also frustrated. Friend Rachel picked me up from work and I vented to her a little bit. I think the Nine of Swords is the result of not listening to the prior tarot telling me to 'go for it' and to tap into my creativity and 'get shit done.' I have books I need to write, pumpkins I need to water, a cat I need to cuddle, and a girlfriend I need to spend some desperately needed one-on-one time with. And I've been playing at making plans to do all these things and not actually doing them. And even though the Mermaid of the Eclipse says to let thing happen naturally (almost passively) she does say 'let them happen!' My lesson for today is to not fight against the things that need to be done. Stop coming up with excuses. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment