Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Spell 2: Tarot Attunement


Spells can take many shapes and serve a myriad of purposes. They are small (or large) sessions of spiritual therapy and growth. Since a rather large interest for me, spiritually and psychologically, is tarot, I've decided that today I want to work on a spell that features my relationship with tarot. As I've mentioned before, I believe that inanimate and 'non-living' things respond to and manipulate energy. For example: places and objects can be 'haunted.' And water, flash frozen, reveals emotional ice crystals based on the energies presented to it. So it only makes sense that to really get the most out of your tarot/oracle deck or other various divination tools, you should work on your relationship with them. You should attune.

I use tarot quite a bit and like to spend time with the decks I use the most. I often carry a deck with me to work or shuffle though cards before bed. Now, it is generally understood that to get a good reading from tarot you want to cleanse it of energies before use. I don't worry so much about cleansing. I shuffle and hold them to my chest and I feel that helps prepare myself and the cards for the reading about to commence. But overall, whether bursting with energy or stagnant and sitting, the cards do have a sort of life and personality of their own. Some of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

For this spell you will need one tarot deck (pick one you're pretty excited out). The aim here is to attune to the deck to help you have an easier time understanding what the deck is trying to tell you in readings. You might also say that attuning with this instrument will help you understand what the divine has in mind for you as well. So here goes:

Take your tarot deck and place it beneath your pillow before bed. Say these words:
"I am open to receive. I am open to understanding. I will never abuse the information you share with me. I respect your sacred mission to aid me on my path and in turn you have my trust."
The next morning, bring the tarot with you wherever you go that day. Keep the deck in your purse, pocket, or even held in your hands. That evening, as the sun sets, or as the night draws on, honor the tarot in this way: Gather a cup, an athame (or sword if you prefer), a small coin (a penny will do), and a small branch/twig to be the wand.

Lay out the deck before you, touch each and every card. With the deck laid out, lift the cup and say:
"I'm ready to journey with you beneath the moon's reflection on the water of my soul."
Return the cup. Lift the wand and say:
"I'm ready to journey with you and embrace the fiery passions that flourish within my heart."
Return the wand. Lift the coin and say:
"I'm ready to journey with you to and explore the sensuous secrets of the body."
Return the coin. Lift the athame and say:
"I'm ready to journey with you above the mire of confusion, to clarity of mind."
Return the athame and laid your hands on the cards. Say once more:
"I am open to receive. I am open to understanding. I will never abuse the information you share with me. I respect your sacred mission to aid me on my path and in turn you have my trust."
You are done with the spell/attunement at this point. I don't know for sure if this qualifies as a spell, per se, but I am eager to try it and get to know a few tarot decks better. I don't know if I would try this with more than one deck at a time since the purpose is to really open yourself up to a deck and get it to trust you in return. Perhaps this is a one deck at a time thing. Like a date. Or friendly one on one time. For me, a deck is a friend. It may be that the very deck itself is your friend or it is a phone, instant messenger, or post-it note board that helps you communicate with your friend (i.e. the divine). But just like a friend I like to play with the cards. When I say play, I do not mean that I take divination to be a joke. Play is the word I use when I want a relationship and I think after performing this attument spell, I'll be able to play even better with my dear decks. 

2 comments:

  1. Spell #2 for the Spell Challenge
    Cord Protection Spell

    Tools:

    Cord/Yarn to Braid
    Cauldron
    Matches
    Candle (I used a full moon charged one.)


    Chant for energy: IsIs Astarte
    Isis Astarte Diana Hecate Demeter Kali Inanna.

    Instructions:
    - Cast a circle for protection
    - Light Candle.
    - Ground yourself and become one with the spirit.
    - Chant to build up energy, as you braid the cord.
    - Once braided, Tie one knot in the cord for each person/thing you want removed from your life & protected from.
    -Focus on the your intent of being protected from them and when your ready, toss it into the cauldron and burn it.
    and then say a protection charm.

    (because of the nature and protection i didn't add the spell words, but encourage you to create your own so it's personal to you and your situation)

    - Close the circle.
    - Once it’s burned remove the ashes and bury them or throw them into moving water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might try a variation of this, thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete