Saturday, December 1, 2012

A little nervous about things...

I have to send in two manuscripts for workshops.  These are due on Monday.  Needless to say, I have the jitters and even though I do have material to be sent in, I am scared it's not good enough, anxious that it will be too juvenile or predictable, worried that I won't make a good first impression, and terrified that I'll screw it up somehow.  I know that I am going to send in a portion of my novel and I think I also want to send in my  horror shorts.  There are so many things I've written and played with over the years and now that I'm faced with a chance for learning I feel that nothing is good enough!

There's so much reading to get done and so little time to do it.  Tomorrow is the family Christmas Party, then I have a very full week of work, as well as my mom's Birthday which is on the third.  On top of all of this I've had issues with my unemployment stipend.  Despite having a job, I've felt very poor and very restricted by lack of gas.  The Kia's clutch took a huge shit on us and is very much dead, which means we've been using Hannah's jeep.  It's a good jeep and fun to drive, but it is a big of a piggy when it comes to fuel.  And then of course there's Christmas.  It seems that the old saying is very true: when it rains it pours.

1 comment:

  1. The best thing to do is just, don't panic. But I totally sympathize, which I know you know. Being writers we both know that feeling of our work not being good enough, but you are a tremendously talented writer, so don't worry. Besides, they don't want perfection, they want you to learn, if you go in already knowing everything, or thinking you know everything, then you are wasting their time as well as yours, so don't worry, you wont blow it. :) They were obviously impressed with you or they wouldn't have let you in.

    As for everything else, I hope that all gets resolved very soon. *hugs* Just don't let the stress get to you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete