Saturday, October 3, 2015

Creative October Day 2 - Haunted Tree

Behold the glorious haunted tree! I bought this little tree silhouette (and little ornaments) after Valentine's Day for probably a buck or two. It was meant to be a Lover's Tree thing. But, of course, I held onto it and waited for just the right time to paint it. This project took a little longer than I had anticipated because I had to change out all the happy red ribbon to black ribbon in keeping with the theme. I could have made it a vampire themed tree I suppose but I was feeling the more traditional Halloween colors. I might have to try a vampire theme craft later though because now I can't get those fangs out of my neck!

Almost finished! Just waiting for the orange hearts to dry.

All done! Orange, green, and purple ornaments on black tree.
The answer to the quiz questions: 1) I created a Haunted Tree; 2) I learned that orange takes more coats of paint! Also I learned that I really do want to decorate for Halloween this year even if it's just some ephemeral things that we throw away afterwards; 3)Yes I completed the project though much later than I had planned.

I did something else today, Not a craft, but it will lead into a craft later this month. While cleaning out the garage, I came across a key chain ball of all the random keys and key chains that I had collected during the four years I spent at Mesa State. Some of my key chains were wildly inappropriate. Those, of course, were my favorite. 


Just so much stuff!

You'll note the amazing pink penis flashlight. Twas marvelous!

Skeleton things, miniature handcuffs, beer openers and cars...was I a college kid or what?


I've taken all the key chains apart. Friend F is going to use the key rings (just the little metal circle parts) for a craft project associated with her full moon ritual this month. And I've put all the keys (close to forty of them) in a separate place. I plan on using the keys later to make a craft project. I might make hearth blessings out of them. I had thought to use them to create a sort of cool chess set (and I still might) but keys are just so magical and fun. There's lots of possibilities for them. Who knows; the keys may end up being part of more than one project this Creative October.

4 comments:

  1. That's the perfect Halloween Lover's Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a lot of key changes. What is it about key that make them so magical? The idea of opening doors to whole knew worlds? What is heart blessings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why they are so magical ^^ - the opening doors to new worlds etc. They are mysterious too because sometimes you have a key and you know you'll never find the lock that it goes to. And as for hearth blessings: you make a talisman of keys (I'll make one for sure to show you) and hang them over your doorway. You can hand it just over the front door, or do one for front and back doors, or even do one over every door in the house/apartment. These are to ask for protection of the ones inside the house and to lock our unwanted negative energies. Such talisman/charms are usually devoted to Hecate who is the goddess associated with witches, the new moon, and keys. <3

      Delete
  3. I love that you downsized some things, it truly makes me happy. And LOVE that tree, I'm just sorry that I slept through you making it!

    ReplyDelete