Thursday, October 8, 2015

Art Therapy Color Pages

Tonight, Chris and I colored pages from a Lisa Frank coloring book. We used it as art therapy and chit-chatted during the creative process. It was a nice way to wrap up the day, which by the, was my last day as an employee at L'eggs Hanes Bali. 

This was my coloring page. I wanted to make a goth kitty and failed miserably because cuteness happened.

This was Chris's coloring page. Her kitty is likes to paint abstract pieces. Chris said the project was refreshing after the twisted TV show we watched together.
In answer to the survey questions: I used crayons to color a page from a Lisa Frank coloring book that I found last week in the garage. What I learned from the project was that coloring is still fun. It brought back a memory from my first grade teacher who told me never to color in circular motions because it was 'wrong.' She suggested instead that I go back and forth with the crayon. I wish people wouldn't try to curb creative expressionism. Especially at such a young age. It really upset me when she said that. But happily, Tonight, I used circular motions to color my kitty and I think it turned out just fine. The picture quality isn't the best, but trust me, both our coloring pages turned out adorably! And, yes, we finished the projects.

1 comment:

  1. I love that cuteness happened and you didn't do a goth kitty-- though a goth kitty would have been still cuteness. Something about the story about the teacher was really sad. As a child I would have felt that I was doing something wrong and feel ashamed of it. It would have never occur to me that I could go back to circles. I wonder why she did that.

    ReplyDelete