Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Giggles

Earlier today Hannah and I laid down on the bed and cuddled.  I petted and massaged her neck and scalp because she had a killer headache and that seemed to be helping.  Well I started to doze off and entered that strange place between awake and asleep where odd strange  images pop into my head and strange words leak out of my mouth.  It's like a stream of conscience acid trip.  Today I had two images.  The first image was of a shelf in a thrift store.  On this shelf was a variety of knickknacks one of them being a really pretty bronze hued owl bracelet with green and pink stones set in the eyes and along the wings.  For some reason this made me giggle. And so I tried to tell Hannah about the bracelet I'd just seen when another image popped into my head.  

This time I saw kitties.  But they were doing that wacky Frankenstein's Monster creeper walk where they hunch up their backs and bolt away on their hind legs.  And this time the giggle in my throat came out as a laugh.  I often laugh in my sleep.  The sound of it is apparently so disturbing it wakes Hannah up, which is a feat in and of itself, and frightens her enough that she usually squishes a pillow on my face to either silence me or kill me (anything to make the laughter stop).  Today I laughed and laughed until I just about choked.  I laughed until I couldn't breathe and then I trembled and sobbed.  Hannah told me that my sobbing is quite pathetic and imitated my face which just made me laugh all over again, which then led to more sobbing.  Just when I was almost finished with the cycle and coming down so that I could breathe normally, Hannah curled up next to me and said cutely, "You're so weird."  

I love her.  Because she puts up with this insanity.  This isn't the first time I've giggle-looped into tears and it certainly won't be the last, but this was a particularly draining episode and I had to do a round of 'cool down' snickering and sniffling before I was finally able to get up and function for the day.  And that's just one of many strange behaviors and mood swings that Hannah has to put up with on a daily basis.  I would pity her if I didn't also know she has the best lover this side of the Mississippi giving her orgasms whenever she demands them.  Yep.  I might be overselling myself a little.  But I don't think so.  

1 comment:

  1. The sleep laughter is a bit disturbing... I love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete