Wednesday, February 28, 2018

I'm a real grownup! Maybe?


This is going to be a sort of a list update. Firstly I want to say that I did get a new phone with new phone number. So if you don't hear from me, or you've texted me with no reply, that's most likely why. Send me a message or email me with your number and we'll get all square. In addition to a new phone I now use apps! Shocking. Scary. I know. I was even able to upload my Starbuck's gift cards to the Starbuck's app so that I can use my phone to get coffee. Mind. Blown.

Speaking of adulting, last week I went to the Pin for Goth Night. It was a bit dead. Which is funny because it was Goth Night, hurrhurr. But it was kind of neat. Hannah and I and one of our witchy friends went out to unleash our inner macabre. It was interesting. And it was free. That's the big key here, it was free and it was an excuse to go all out with black lipstick, dark eyes, frizzy hair, black clothes, and awkward swaying. I actually had a very good time. I had to work the next day so we ended the evening at 10:30PM. 


In other news, I finished the first book of the Seventh Tower series and am now working on number two. This weekend we are celebrating Hannah's birthday. The plan so far is for her and I to go on a writing date at Barnes and Noble starting as soon as we get our butts out the door. And then about 6 or so that night we'll meet people at Peking North for dinner. I'm excited for this as I've been yearning to get back to work on some Death Man. I've been a terrible person - or actually - you know what - I haven't been a terrible person. I've simply not been actively writing. Which doesn't make me terrible. Damn inner critics and mentor's echoes in my head have convinced me that I must be terrible if I went to school for writing and am not currently writing. But that's bullshit. I'm not terrible.

Last news: I'm playing DnD with some friends. I'm going to play a straight & narrow Paladin. He's the babysitter type who doesn't cuss, doesn't drink, doesn't do anything improper. He abides by a strict moral code and is generally not very fun at a party. This should be fun considering he's teaming up with a succubussy tiefling, a rogue, and a clumsy monk. And then another character who I don't know yet. Anyway, it's interesting. I think this is what he's going to look like - see below!

2 comments:

  1. Your paladin's hot!
    I know you work very hard every week and now have a new house. Imo it's not necessary to sit and churn out thousands of words in a sitting. I had a manic episode a little over a week ago and churned out quite a bit and then did some actual research. (I thought I'd hate research and editing but those really seem to be the 'work' part of writing. Glad I ended up enjoying it) But! What goes up must come down. So I crashed.
    I would not know from personal experience, but I imagine that owning a new home can be time consuming as well. This pops up. That happens. The unexpected around every corner calling out for time, money, and attention.
    Just peck out a few hundred words a day if you can manage, but certainly don't beat yourself up if you can't meet your own expectations. People often set up expectations for themselves than they would friends and loved ones. Even if all you can do is reread certain parts to keep the content fresh in your mind. I often find this can serve to stimulate new ideas as well. Of course for every one story I publish, I keep two or three to myself.
    I hope you enjoy your role as paladin. I've played one on Wow and in a group setting they heal, distract and take damage. My condolences to your hot, sexy paladin. If he's going to be serious and unfun, he's going to have to fight it off at the bars with looks like that. ;)
    I'll email my phone number to Hannah's fb.
    Good luck with everything and be good to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful birthday, the hard work you always put in, and even though we didn't have a writing date, we almost have the office set up to have writing evenings.

    ReplyDelete