Monday, October 7, 2013

Some Norse Goddess Art

Skadi
Hannah has fallen in love Freya from Norse Mythology.  In my support, I've found some gorgeous Freya statues on Amazon.com that will hopefully decorate our living room when we finally have our own place.  While checking out some more Freya art and busts, I stumbled upon a lovely statue of Skadi.  I recognized the name from my own study of Norse Mythology (this was during my post college period - long before the movies that recently sparked much public interest - and I mainly studied Loki because how many gods get to be a father and a mother?) but I couldn't remember the story behind this goddess.  Today, I looked for various images of her and also Hel (one of Loki's kids).  For now, I have some pretty pictures to share of these two goddesses.  I'll probably have a bit more (like actual writing) on Skadi and Hel later - Hannah's planning on writing about Freya on her her own blog. 
Goddess Skadi
Skadi Statue
Thor: Goddess Skadi



1 comment:

  1. http://www.northernpaganism.org/shrines/skadi/writing.html - for Hannah and myself, just a reminder to check out this site.

    ReplyDelete