Thursday, October 2, 2014

Hello October

Today was a busy day.  I was up until about five in the morning fine tuning and finishing up some work for my MFA packet.  I'm so far behind where I should be right now that I'm in perpetual panic-mode and suffering some rather unpleasant nightmares.  But I'm getting there.  I need to breathe and relax and just hunker down.  That's what I'm doing this week, especially this weekend.  I'm hoping that my replacement computer gets here very, very soon so that I can enjoy some free range writing time at the library and just about anywhere I would like.

After a brief sleep, I woke up nice and groggy and headed to Spokane with Hannah.  She dropped me off the Spokane Falls Community College so I could take my TSA computer based test.  It was supposed to take over two hours.  I finished it in about one hour and apparently aced it.  By the time I got home I had already recieved an email telling me I passed and inviting me to continue on in the application process.  That means now I'll have to pass a credit check, background check, piss test, a vision test for colors, and a medical check.  If I do get the job, it isn't going to be for a while I can already tell.  Oh, but if I can actually get the job then that will mean some big changes in my and Hannah's life.

Apparently the other coworker that I thought was no longer applying for third key is actually still in the running.  So my hope is that she can just have it.  Let her have it and I'll go frisk people in the airport.  My biggest fear in all of this... I actually love my job at the bra shop but can't afford to live on that kind of pay, so I worry that if I do get the TSA position, that after a few months I will despise the job.  I've done that before, gone to work every day and suffered through misery just to get a hefty paycheck.  I hated it.  Money isn't work being miserable.  But then again, a work day of misery is worth some freedom and independence.  I love my parents but Hannah and I need to grow and become our own people.  It's time.  Here's hoping I get the TSA job, or that I can use my MFA degree to get something equally as lucrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment