Friday, September 26, 2014

Girls' Day Out - Hannamanda Edition

Today was all about the swag.  Hannah and I needed a girl's day/date day.  We had intended to go ghost hunting with S.P.O.T (which is lead by one of our friends in the IEPG), but that was moved to tomorrow.  Which means I can't go.  So instead, we went to Spokane to drop off a care package for a friend who's going through a hard time right now with some medical things.  We ended up spending the day doing girly, fun things. 


First we went to Lane Bryant and used my 'real women bucks' on two bras (probably the most comfy bra my huge boobs have ever felt), a new swimming suit top for me, a pair of yoga pants to share, and a pair of knee high boots for Hannah so she can be my sexy, witchy gal this Halloween.  We also got some nail polish to try.  After LB we went to Catherine's and scored some cute pants for the Hannah.  She's been sort of limited on what she can wear for bottoms and now she has a bit more variety available to her.  


From Catherine's we went to Casa de Oro and shared a combination plate.  But the day wasn't over yet.  From there we went to the Halloween Spirit store.  We walked around and looked at all the things, touched all the stuff, tried on a few hats, pushed all the 'push me' buttons and stepped on all of the 'step here' spots.  I screamed twice.  That damn lunging spider always startles me no matter how many times I push the damn button.  Also we saw the creepiest animatronic creature today called 'Broken Girl' which looked kind of like a combination of the girl from The Grudge and The Exorcist.  We pushed her button but she didn't activate.  I'm honestly kind of relieved she didn't move - her just standing there all broken-like and not moving was plenty scary enough.  


Lastly we hit up the Spokane Valley Mall and splurged on a Build-a-Bear Toothless (he's adorable!) and a crap ton of smell-me-goods from Bath and Body Works.  All in all it was a very materialistic day but it was good.  We needed to have some 'us' time and feel like normal people for a change.  Hannah felt super guilty on the way home but the thing is, once in a while, even poor people gotta have fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment