Thursday, October 18, 2012

Solstice

On Tuesday I received a phone call from Meg Kearney, the director of the Solstice MFA Program at Pine Manor College in Massachusetts.  She told me via voice mail (as I didn't catch the call) that I have been accepted into their program!  She also informed me that my formal letter of acceptance would be coming in the mail very soon, that she had put it in the mail on that very day and today it arrived.  I just wanted to share a little of the acceptance letter because it really stroked my ego.

"Our Admissions Committee had this to say about your application: 'The stark/dark nature of Amanda's fiction is quite appealing.  She is developing a complex and evolving character whose mysterious background keeps us guessing - she has an excellent sense of pacing, and makes thoughtful use of detail.'"

I'm very excited.  I still have a good many things to do (another program to finish applying for) and many decisions still to make, but this news really made my day.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I was surprised when I read this last night! Of course I'm not surprised that you got accepted. You're an awesome writer. ^_^

    I wish I knew how to set notifications. I have no idea when you publish new information until I actually log into Google and go to my blogger dashboard. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get on it, you don't want me to turn slave driver again, although I know we've been really busy.

    ReplyDelete