Thursday, September 26, 2013

I have the Anger!

Dear Walmart out by Cabella's, I have to say, you suck.  I've been in your store twice now, the first time it was to purchase two laptop computers from your electronics department.  The total purchase came to a little over a thousand dollars and the only reason we came to you was because the Walmart closer to my house didn't have the one I wanted in the box.  They had a floor model but I know how that goes and didn't really want that one.  So off we go into the night to get two computers.  We waited in the electronics department for an hour and a half.  Several stock-people tried to help us, but no, the people who had the keys were too busy to be bothered.  Almost two hours later we get out of the store with our computers and get home.  The second time... it was also concerning a computer.  Mine.

I am not typing this on Vignette.  I am back on the big old Commodore.  Poor Vignette has a loose wire or something and I called Vizio Tech Support and the guy was very nice and all he needs to make it better is the receipt.  Unfortunately it has been misplaced BUT the good news is that I can get Walmart to print me a new one.  Well I have to know the exact day of the purchase for them to zero in on it.  This is fine and dandy.  But when I went in to talk to customer service it took over half an hour to get to the ONE PERSON who was manning not only customer service but the photography department as well.  Whatever genius decided to put those in the same damn corner should be bitch slapped into tomorrow.  But I digress.

He had to help Ms. Geriatric and Computer Illiterate at the digital photo booth which normally I wouldn't mind except that she had like a hundred pictures that she needed to go through and she needed help with each one.  Now, a smart corporation would call in someone to help!  But not Walmart by Cabella's.  Nope.  I asked a sales associate if there was a way to call someone else into Customer Service and she says - but there's someone there already.  Then she smiles and starts to walk away.  I ask her if it's possible to get anyone else here (as there is now a rather large line forming and the old woman still has the reps full attention), and the lady just says, nope, there's no one else.  A lie.  Because after my half an hour wait (and by the way, I was there first and somehow ended up being serviced dead last) the man quickly gets another woman there who is better equipped to help me.

And now... now after all of this, she says I have to have the exact date.  How fucking hard would it have been for someone to come and help me and tell me this so that I could get the date and get this whole mess taken care of?  But that is what I have come to expect from this Walmart.  And what I'm starting to expect from all Walmarts and all big businesses in fact.  There's issues with hours now (and it's not the employers that are doing it to their employees, it's the fucking government), as well as various other economical crunches in place, but I'm sorry, fucking suck it up when you are dealing with the public.  And if you have a rude customer, take it in stride and then cuss their stupid ass out when they are gone.  Yes, customers are starting to suck, but it's absolutely unacceptable for those who work in customer service to be neglectful/rude/or otherwise unhelpful to decent customers who wait patiently for their turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment