Monday, September 9, 2013

Pumpkin Frustration and Irk

I tried to make a no bake pumpkin pie dessert tonight and shouldn't have since I didn't have all the ingredients to start off with.  The end result is a very thick, very rich, slop of pumpkin pie dessert that may or may not be riddled with salmonella.  I didn't have condensed milk and so I made an acceptable substitute for it, which is essentially egg and brown sugar.  Well... it's a no bake recipe so... egg is a great choice.  Really.  I cooked the condensed milk substitute mixture in the microwave for a while to hopefully make the eggs safe for consumption but who knows.  This was definitely not one of my finer moments in cooking.  Moving right along.

Something happened not too long ago that really irked me.  I like to think that I could have a good relationship with my Mesa State professors should I choose to invoke it.  When I got ready to go back to school to pursue my MFA I sent out a 'please, oh, please, love me enough to write me a letter of recommendation' to two of my previous professors: Dr. Haas (literature), and R. Cowden (theatre).  The former replied to me and had me send in some of my old papers and asked for my CV and proceeded to write me a letter that helped me get accepted into the Pine Manor Creative Writing MFA program.  The latter... never replied, not even to say, 'gee, I just don't have that much time right now.'  This is okay, really, because I know he's busy and I respect that.  It was sad but I got over it.  Anyway, the most contact (directly) that I've had with this professor since I graduated has been the acceptance of my request for FaceBook friendship.  Until the other day.

I've put up hundreds, even thousands, of silly and serious FaceBook posts.  I don't care that people respond or don't respond.  This is just a fun outlet that is semi rewarding.  Well, I play DragonVille.  I enjoy it.  And whenever I play, I send out requests for gold and food, etc.  It sends out a blanket request to all my friends on FaceBook.  This is annoying and I know that people who don't play games HATE these kinds of things but really... what is the big deal?  Just block the game!  Or ignore the request.  It's not that hard.  But I digress.  Recently a friend from college posted a comment on my wall, politely asking if there was any way he could stop getting DragonVille requests.  I told him that he could block the game and that I have blocked many games myself.  This was all wonderful and civil.  And in an unprecedented show of attention, R. Cowden 'liked' his post.  His post on my wall; not my reply, nothing of mine.  This wouldn't bother me except that this is the one and only thing on my time line that he's ever 'liked' or made any notice of in all my time on FaceBook.  He 'likes' a status where someone is complaining about my behavior.  Nice.  Glad he pays attention.

3 comments:

  1. What an ass crack. >:( If he didn't want to be friended he should have just ignored your request. Honestly, I have no idea why people do this. I think some people collect facebook friends just to have a high number. Wow, I have 579 facebook friends [of whom they probably pay attention to a dozen at most] Seriously? I only have 60 facebook friends and all but about 20 are game buddies I find on forums. And when they stop playing for a length of time, I weed them out.

    What irks me is people who post their snivy little pictures saying, "I don't give a flying rats ass about your farm, your castle, your fish, etc..blah, blah..ad nauseum, ad infinitum....yada." Someone did this once and I replied "If you don't like the games, block the fuckers and stop whining." :P~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I wanted to say the same thing when my my friend asked if the requests could stop coming - I'm like... -__- are you seriously writing this on my wall? *sigh* LOL

      Delete
  2. Whoops! I mean to say, "What irks me /are/ people who post their snivy little pictures." >.<

    ReplyDelete