Monday, October 8, 2018

Oracle Time

Friday the 5th: I drew Death. And, because it sort of jumped out at me: Scrying. The Death card was particularly interesting because earlier that day I had expressed my fears to a friend, telling her how during the darker time of the year I always imagine my loved ones and myself as dying somehow. To draw the Death card was a good reminder that death is part of life and not to be feared or conquered and also that death itself is the beginning of the cycle. Again, solve et coagula. Something must be taken apart (die) before something new can be formed (born). Pagans put death at the beginning of the life cycle. Death is the great beginning. So something is starting for me - on the surface it is definitely the beginning of my tough emotional time - below the surface perhaps I'm going to start some spiritual and creative projects. The other card that jumped out at me, Scrying, is a card that calls us to abandon the desire to make logical sense of everything and to let our subconscious feel and understand. Mostly the card wants the drawer to try the actual act of scrying and so at some point during this month or Samhain season I will definitely give it a go.

Saturday the 6th: Invisibility. This is the second time I've drawn this card. Again it is a call to reveal my true authentic self and to be careful of my desire to be invisible.

Sunday the 7th: Skull of Light. A reminder to let my true self shine forth. A great follow up card to the Invisibility card. It speaks to 'stop hiding.' We can stay in the dark, Exist only in the midnight hours, But shining the torch, The victory is ours.   

Monday the 8th: (weirdly enough, I knew I would draw this card today) Skull of Stars. Why think so small when galaxies spin within? Realize that you are made of the stuff of stars and infinite possibilities begin. This card talks about broadening your view of the future and your role within it. Also it mentions letting go of old beliefs that no longer serve you. For me this means moving forward and researching some of the darker/stranger things that have called to me lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment