Saturday, May 4, 2013

Packet, Target, Kansas

I just finished with my fourth MFA packet and the most valuable lesson I've learned this time around is not to freaking wait till the last minute when writing a nine page essay on craft and not to blow off required reading or creative writing.  True, this month was a busy son-of-a-gun, but if I had managed my time a little better than even the unexpected situations such as relatives being the hospital and my rib feeling like a creature clawing its way out wouldn't have been an issue.  But, it's done now.  Gone!

In other news, we not only reached out minimum quota for sales this month at work, we hit the target line which means we are super useful engines and all of us cute little employees will be getting a $25 bonus.  The money is nice but I'm just super thrilled for the store.  It's been over two years since they reached the target sales line and, if things went well today, we might have even reached the maximum line.  That means a $50 bonus for each of us and even more kudos and accolades for our little Post Falls outlet.  I'm very excited.

Six months in and I still really enjoy my job.  Six months in and I'm still in love with the writing and the reading for the MFA (just because I blew it off a little and didn't manage my time perfectly doesn't mean I don't love it!).  So far so good in my professional life.  Privately, however, I will have a bit of a strain this upcoming month.  Hannah is going to visit her parents in Kansas for nearly four weeks.  This is going to be wonderful for Hannah and her family, but lonely for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really happy that you like this job. You've had some royally sucky ones!

    ReplyDelete