Thursday, May 30, 2013

Book Lists of the Past, Present, and Future


This semester is over.  All I have left to do now is turn in my end of semester evaluation of myself and my mentor which I've already started and will finish tomorrow.  I generated quite a bit or new material for my novel and got a little bit of work done on some shorter pieces.  The best parts of the semester: reading, reading, reading, and the feedback.  My mentor's comments made sense and were incredibly helpful.  The following is a list of the books that I managed to finish.  It's not as long as I would like, but since I have about six books and a few articles that I have to read in June to get ready for the residency, I'm not going to stress too much about that.  

This next group is comprised of books that I am still working on finishing up before the next semester begins.  I've started several of them, but due to laziness and poor time management (yeah, that's what it boils down to) I was unable to finish them.  Some of them were unavailable through our library network and I had to turn to Amazon.com and Hastings.  



The rest of these are books that I want to read at some point.  I will use this as my basis for my reading list next semester.  In the end I only want to have about 18 books on the list - a combination of what I have listed below and what my mentor suggests/requires.  I had a very large list this first time around and it overwhelmed me and stymied my reading at some points.  

No comments:

Post a Comment