Saturday, December 28, 2013

Piercing Pals


EDIT: I still have not pierced the nipples!  And I've taken down many of the lovely booby pics mentioned in one of the comments due to a change in the adult content policy on blogger.

That's what I want.  Soon.  And it's not a total spur of the moment thing.  My friend and I were talking the other day and the subject of piercings came up.  She's actually had her belly button pierced before (it was very cute!) but had to take it out after about a year due to allergies and sensitivities to the metal.  It was sad.  But every part of the body reacts differently and so she's game to try again.  And I'm game to try with her.

The only piercing I have at the moment is a single hole in each ear lobe and even though I used to wear earrings almost every day (mainly throughout high school and a bit into college) my ears are allergic to everything but high quality gold now and since I'm poor, I don't wear earrings all that often anymore.  So of course, the natural next step in both our piercing lives is... *dun dun dun* the nipple!  Both of them.

We're going to go in together sometime at the start of this new year and get us some nifty booby jewelry.  At least that is the plan.  From what I've read here and there via forums and ask sites, the nipple takes piercings better than some other surface areas on the body, they are relatively inexpensive, and, aside from having a tendency to close up quickly when left without a ring/bar in, are a lot of fun.


We've both been wanting to get our nipples pierced for a while and now it's a plan of action.  I would like to lose some weight this year, or, even if I don't lose significant weight, I want to be healthier - that means better food choices (more vegetables and protein), more getting out and actually exercising, and picking up a healthy hobby like belly-dancing or hiking - and the good news is that no matter how much weight I lose (or gain if I'm not careful) the nipples will not change.  I would never get a belly button piercing because my belly button would eat it and I don't have a cute tummy to display whatever adorable gem I might be wearing, and I can't get a facial piercing if I want to keep working retail, I can't do the nose, lip, or eyebrow, so the nipple, once again, comes out the victor.

It seems the most popular size for a barbell in the nips is 14 gauge.  We'll have to talk to the piercing artist to see which metal and size is best for us 'sensitive' gals.  My Hannah is on board with the whole thing and supports me in my decision.  My friends immediate family is not quite as on board for her to go through with it but as long as we are safe and find a fairly good deal I don't see how they can object too, too much.  If worse comes to worst, and she ends up with a infection, she can take the piercing out and cut her loses.  But I have very high hopes for these piercings.  We are even looking at some cute and cliche "best friends" nipple jewelry.

4 comments:

  1. You finally had an excuse to post a bunch of booby pics. =P And even some man-nips. I remember once you said something about only piercing one for the sake of variety, but sometimes more is better too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I read a bunch of people's experiences on a forum and almost all of them that started with one nipple couldn't handle the asymmetry and had to go back and do the other LOL so since we know I've got a slight OCD issue with things being off keel, I figure I'll just get em both done and save myself the craziness later XD and yes, yes I loved posting all the nipples! And I couldn't resist some pony pics - that's the first bronze skinned RD I've ever seen!

      Delete
  2. I used to have my nipples AND my belly button pierced. My belly did eat that one, though, and it never healed and was painful, so I took it out. It's a life goal to be able to do it again, cuz it was pretty cute.
    I really liked my nipple piercings, and I got both done at once as I am OCD, too. I had them in for a few years, they only came out because they fell out (at different times) during an activity where I was focused on other things >_< The first one I didn't notice until it had closed too much for me to fit the bar back through, so I just had one for a while, and the other one got infected after I put the bar back in. :( Now I'm too much of a ninny to get them again, but they were indeed quite fun. I say, just be sure (if you change the jewelry after they heal) that you screwed the ends on damn tight before you get nekkid.
    And it makes me giggle that you're going below the neckline for work-appropriate piercings, because my ears make it look like I think piercings are going out of style. Luckily, I haven't had any reactions to jewelry, which is truly amazing considering how many other allergies I have. I know my conch and my industrial were pierced with a hypo-allergenic metal, I want to say it's titanium? I'm sure that if you called a peircer or went into the shop to ask questions ahead of time they'd be more than happy to help you find something that won't kill you.
    Lastly, I can't wait to see youuuuuuu!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see you either ^_^ and LOL I will keep that all in mind when getting nekkid XD

      Delete