Saturday, May 9, 2015

After a few beers I become emotional...

Maybe just a little bit drunk. Been reading tons lately. I really, really love young adult fiction. I love the pacing, the adventure, the dialogue. All of it. I think I made a mistake not going into YA during my time at Solstice, but if I had done that I might not have met the absolutely amazing fiction writers that I now consider to be my closest of family. I might not have had the mentors I had and would not be writing as I am now (which I do deem to be better than before I joined the program two years ago). I would have still met amazing people and been blessed by their friendship but I feel this was just meant to be in some way. After all, I am the worst horse, (as in the Buddhist proverb worst horse) and I need to do things the hard way, I need to suffer through it, and I need to feel the force of my master's whip through to the marrow of my bones. That way I can know I've truly grown.

Lately I've been reading about Goddesses. I want to find one that I resonate with. I'm on the hunt. I thought it might be Inanna and I'm going to continue my research into her but I am quite taken with the absolute gorgeous compassion of Kuan Yin. She is so selfless and kind - a true goddess to appeal to. Hannah has a Kuan Yin pendant and one time a person tried to tell her it was Buddha. It wasn't. It isn't. It's Kuan Yin. She was a Buddhist nun who turned goddess after she gave her arms and eyes to make her asshole father better from a disease. She grew a thousand arms and a thousand eyes to replace the ones she lost and then became an immortal and perfect presence. I know that the archetypes behind gods and goddesses stem from human traits but Kuan Yin seemed to be better than most humans. Her only hubris was 'disobeying' her father when he gave her unreasonable orders. What a wonderful and kind entity. I need to learn more and more, but for now I'm taking heart in the knowledge that compassion has a name and that is Kuan Yin. 

2 comments:

  1. No matter what I read, I wasn't connected to any of the goddesses. However, I noticed that working with runes, I kept drawing those associated with Frigga again and again this past week. Taking into consideration some internal events and external behaviors, it became obvious to me that Odin is sending me to her to [hopefully] turn me into the 'after' version of Eliza Doolittle. [The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain? >.< ] Good luck trying to make a lady out of me!

    Hey! I can be poised and classy when I want!! >:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Yeah I have been on a goddess quest of sorts and several have been nudging at me. I was surprised honestly because I thought I would be much more of a god instead of goddess type person.

      I think that's pretty cool that Odin's been sending you some Frigga attention. I really like Frigga.

      Delete