Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Creative October and New Job

Tomorrow is the beginning of October Craft Month! I have a lot of creative ideas. Sometimes getting them out of my brain and into existence is a real challenge so we'll see how this goes. I'm going to try to post a week or bi-weekly update here on the blog to share my creations. This is something my friend D and I (as well as Hannah) have decided to do. I'm going to answer three questions after each project's completion: 1)What was the project? 2)Did you complete it? 3)What did you learn from the project/about yourself? This is going to be a hard month for me to be able to complete this project because I'm also starting a new job. Yes, that's right. You read correctly! I'm going to be shifting gears away from the comfort (and occasional frustration) of the good old bra shop to an office job. I'll be working with phones again, but this time with a smaller group of people (12 counting me) and in a more intimate environment. It's for the Newspaper. Which excites me immensely.

The interview went amazingly well. The Lead of the Circulation Department called me about two hours after the interview and offered me the job. I'm still sort of in shock about the whole thing. My current boss was not thrilled, but she knew this day was coming as I have been telling her of my job hunting efforts for the past ten months. Everything has happened so quickly. Tomorrow I'm going to do my drug and background checks and then I'll start after the 8th. The 8th will be my last day at L'eggs Hanes Bali. I feel incredibly surreal about the whole thing. But at the same time, I feel a tremendous sense of relief as if I've taken a real step forward. Life is going to be very different--and I'm going to become a morning person, gods help me!--but it is going to be fulfilling and utterly worth it. I have a lot of writing goals for the end of this year and working in a building teeming with creative energy certainly can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment