Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What I did and did not do...

I accomplished something today!  I didn't get the MFA issue of 'Poets and Writers' as the only one that Hastings has did not have what I needed in it (the low-res comparisons) but I did manage to get ten post cards made and addressed.  I also wrote to each of the addressees.  The manual writing is one of my many writing goals.  It's important to keep in touch with people in a tangible way, more so than via texts and emails and Facebook tags and messages.  Those are all important and I enjoy them but it's also very important to me that people know they are worth my time and worth my creative efforts.  The post cards aren't the most amazing things in the world but I am proud of them and also, the fact that I set out to make a certain amount and get them ready to send the off and then accomplished that all in one afternoon of cutting, gluing, labeling and writing, satisfies another one of my goals: to finish things.  I often start tasks with good intentions and then they get put off or other things get in the way or I just peter off emotionally.  But today I set out to accomplish something and I did.  It was a successful writing day.  However in finishing one goal (or two rather)  I did put off the overall grad school goal.  I have managed to limit the list down some but I would like the P&W magazine to help me in my further trimmings.  Right now the list looks like a train wreck and that's about how I feel about the entire process.

No comments:

Post a Comment