Saturday, September 29, 2012

Progress Update

Today I printed, copied, organized, labeled, and sealed away applications for two out of the three MFA programs of which I have decided to apply.  It's too late today to send them out, but both packets are complete with addresses and ready to go first thing on Monday.  Concerning Letters of Recommendation, my professor from college has already sent off two (one to each college), and I have two more writers on board (both to send their letters to one college).  One of those is already written and just needs to be sent.  The other letter just needs to be sent out sometime around October 10th to make sure that it gets there by the 15th.  The two applications that are finished are for the Solstice Low Residency MFA Program at Pine Manor College and the Low Residency MFA at Queens University of Charlotte.  I have another month to finish preparing materials for the Rainier Writing Workshop at Pacific Lutheran University but I already have two letter writers for that application and I know which novel I am going to provide a critical analysis for.  The director of the RWW has encouraged me to get my essay, writing sample, and critical analysis in as soon as possible and so that is going to be my next goal.  For now though I shall glory in the knowledge that  I have accomplished something.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome sauce! ^_^

    I should write a blog entry soon. I realized yesterday that I don't have anything to write that I haven't already told you and Hannah about. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well we will still enjoy reading it on the blog too! We'll pretend to be shocked and surprised in our comments XD

      Delete