Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hobbit Day

A friend would like to celebrate Hobbit Day this year and, as it falls a day after my birthday, I see this as a perfect excuse to extend the party.  On the twenty-first of this month I will be making a trek down to Moscow to celebrate my twenty-ninth birthday with my girlfriend, my cousin, and my favorite twins.  The celebration will span the weekend into the following Monday.  We'll be going out to a Japanese restaurant, snagging a few drinks, playing Munchkin and other games, and enjoying a marathon of fighting girl anime.  The rest of the time the plan is to relax, maybe do a little shopping, and, of course, celebrate Hobbit Day.  My plan, and I shall run this by the weekend troopers, is to eat like hobbits (OFTEN! and dining on a menu of scrumptious cheeses, crispy bacon, hearty vegetables, bakery fresh bread, and nice hot tea), run around barefoot whenever possible, go on a quest (most likely to Lewiston), and have a reading from the Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit.  Maybe we'll even adopt Hobbit personas for the day.  If we do that, I demand to be Pippin.  And I demand beer.  Hobbit beer.  

For further hints on how to celebrate Hobbit Day like a true book worm (or movie buff) please visit these links:

2 comments:

  1. I wanna be Sam. Not Sam from the movies, he's a bully. I wanna be book Sam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL alright. So Ash is Frodo; Hannah is Merry (since she's the last to claim one LOL); Bethy is Pippin; you are Sam; and I will be Bilbo and that means ya'll have to listen to me as your beloved patriarchal figure XD

      Delete