Monday, June 30, 2014

End of June Update: Busy Month

This moth has been much busier than it was supposed to be.  I still have a good deal left to do before I go to Boston for my Residency, but I'm also kind of looking forward to getting away and getting rejuvenated.  Always, after Residency, there is about a month or so when things just flow and I am alive with ideas and ability (or so it seems to me).  I sort of missed out on that after last residency because of some personal issues going on, but this time I feel better.  I feel okay on more fronts.  There are other stresses, but these aren't like what was going on in Spring.  

Our kitty cat, Yoda, is hanging in there but we have come to terms with the fact that he may not be around very much longer.  We had a bit of a sob fest last night and in a way that helped.  We are going to enjoy every moment with him and spoil the shit out of him.  He's a very good kitty and when the time does come for him to leave this world, he will leave it thoroughly loved.  

Also job-wise things are the same as they always were.  I'm frustrated that the driving job did not pan out - and I highly suspect that it is a case of sexual-orientation discrimination - but I'm glad for my bra shop job and until they close us down or throw us out, I'll hang in there.  Hannah wants to move back to Kansas to be with her grandparents in their last years.  I understand this but it's frustrating too because there's just no money.  I love it up here, I love the weather, I love the lake, I love being near my family.  I know that Hannah wants that, too.  Wants to be near her family and friends.  I love the people down there as well.  But it's still hard.  Very hard.  For one: moving sucks.  Two: I don't want to be away from my dear friends up in Idaho as well as new friends we've made with the IEPG.  This is a very good group of people.  They aren't pushy, they aren't clicky.  They are just a nice group of spiritual friends.  This is the first time... perhaps ever... that I've felt passionate about exploring a spiritual path of any kind.  And Hannah has blossomed so much up here with this group, too.  


In other news, I've started a DnD campaign with my friends and I'm playing a snakey-type character named Erla (oh the glory of recycling character names!).  Also my friend is opening up commissions to try and get her art out there in the world and also to make a little money.  A couple of my friends are doing this actually and I'm very proud of them.  Hannah requested a commission from one of them: Tory Kasper.  When the piece is completed and we've paid for it (and from what I've seen so far it's going to be adorable!) I'm going to post it up here and give her all the props!  She feels bad charging us but as far as I am concerned this is a win-win for us both because I get to help her out and promote her art and she gets to know the client and know that we will appreciate the piece very much.  I haven't asked for a commission yet because I might ask for a really detailed one as a later date and pay her appropriately for it - meaning I need another pay check before I send in my request.  

On the creative front for myself, I've started drawing again.  I would like to scan some and post it up here on my blog but I need to work out the old drawing muscle and get a little better than chicken-scratch.  That might take some time.  I'm still writing and my mind is absolutely filled up with good ideas for this story, I just need to funnel it all out through my hands into my keys and onto a word document.  I am not going to reach the goal I had set up for myself for June but I am going to have quite a bit accomplished and I'm just going to keep going from there.  I do believe in this story and I really enjoy the characters.  Here's hoping that Residency lights a fire under my ass.  I think it will.  I know it will.  Also I can't wait to see everyone again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment