Saturday, August 13, 2016

6 O'Clock is the perfect time for Fearies and Vampyres

I've spent some time with Friend Chris the past couple of days. She's house/puppy sitting for our mutual friend so went over to help her sit. For my August Break I took a picture of the clock in the upstairs bathroom. It's the clock that you can get that is 'backwards' on the wall, but 'correct' in the mirror so the you can get ready in the morning without having to look back or try to decipher the numbers. 



And then I did one of the outside world because why not? Behold the Chestnut Tree at 6pm:


Last night I did a card draw from the Fearies Oracle by Brian Froud. I drew Geeeeeooo the Slooow (which is possibly one of the best card names ever). He deals with cycles of time, slowness, waiting, and patience.


This card is great because while the rest of the cards I've been drawing (or most of them anyway) have been saying "Do it! Don't delay! Get on it!" and while this card does say "Do it" it also says, "Do not rush, make sure you do it right." Sort of a reminder of the long hard process it is to write something, submit something, or accomplish any number of projects. Thanks Geeeeeooo for the advice, I'll keep it in mind as I truck on. 


For today I drew the Two of Scepters from the Tarot of Vampyres by Ian Daniels. The card speaks to great spiritual creativity and war-like initiative. Pictured about is Dracula as Vlad the Impaler during battle. I like the helm a great deal and it reminds me of the executioner's cowl I want to put in Death Man. This is really exciting card with lots of fire energy. A good card for the thirteenth day of this month when it's hotter than hell outside and the thought of going anywhere or doing anything is kind of a battle in and of itself. I wanted to write more about this card but my brain has been kind of mush today.

No comments:

Post a Comment