Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Handwriting and Two of Wands

At work I keep a journal and it is filled a bit of everything: work notes, diary-like entries, bus routes and schedules, clipped pictures and notes, and several handwritten notices from our subscribers. I keep some of these because they are interesting and I keep others because they are amazing examples of handwriting. Most of these examples come from a generation that saw/felt the effects first hand of the Great Depression. Most of these people don't believe trust computers or the internet. Some are even baffled by cell phones. They make me think, a little, bit of my father and seeing the old hand writing makes me very nostalgic and happy. Even if the letter says something like "You're a terrible company and I want to cancel!" the pretty script in which these words are written still make me smile. 


This is also in the journal - it's my own handwriting detailing some of my favorite Bowie lyrics. The song is "Teenage Wildlife" and I wrote it on the folded over back of the Bowie obituary that the Spokesman-Review produced the morning after his death.

For the Tarot draw today: I drew a Two of Wands from Anne Stokes' Gothic Tarot Deck. It is a leap of faith, deep within the mind's eye. You have the strength to stand before the abyss and rise above it on wings of your newfound power.



My interpretation of the card for today: The cards in this deck are so beautiful but the minor arcana use similar images with the wands, pentacles, swords, and chalices varying in number. So instead of pulling from a detailed picture, we pull from the archetypal meanings of Wand and Two. Wands are usually representative of fire speaks of spirit and passion and action. A Two speaks of balance or imbalance and places us at the beginning of a journey. 

Today, before the draw, I was thinking about my upcoming trips this week and weekend. I see this card as a nod to embrace whatever is meant to happen during my traveling. To trust that the goddess will protect me (it's kind of a scary drive south of Moscow, ID to the family reunion) and that she will teach me what I need to know. The Two reminds me to keep my fun and work in check. To enjoy myself during this much needed vacation but to not stray too far from the things I need to accomplish. There are Two dragons on the card and I see them as Hannah and myself embarking on this adventure. Not just the adventure that's coming up this weekend, but (as we've discussing wedding plans more and more) the start of the adventure of our life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment