Friday, August 12, 2016

August Break: A Secret (Or many secrets as the case may be!)

We have so many secrets, 
The cat, she knows them all.
We keep our secrets on a shelf,
We never let them fall.

Narcisa hides all her secrets behind gold pumpkin eyes.
Our mermaid is tied and blindfolded to keep our world a secret from her.
Lost in Browne's Addition I see a tree on the corner. And a little red door. Secrets.
I approach the door wondering if it is locked tight.
There is a chain lock and that's it. I can open it if I want. I wonder if I really want to look inside.
Cobwebs! And a deep dark hole into the center of the tree. I can only imagine what secrets lie inside. The cobwebs tell me that these secrets are old and shouldn't be too disturbed. I close and lock the door and leave.
We've kept our world a secret from the mermaid for now but someday she'll be free.
Narcisa likes to hide so she can learn secrets. She is the Seeker of Secrets and to this day she has kept each and every one.

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I lived in Browns for 10 years and my Grandparents lived there since I was 5. I have never seen that door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could remember the streets! I shall have to go and see if I can't find it again ^_^

      Delete