Sunday, August 14, 2016

Love is a Domovoy

For today's August Break I'm using a repeat picture. The prompt was "Love is..." and I've struggled to capture what love is all day... all day while I was working and then running and errand and then helping clean the kitchen and tend the garden and play with the kitty and assist in cooking dinner and snuggling while watching a movie.  And I think love is all those things. There isn't really a picture to capture all of that for me. Well perhaps the cute one I snagged of Hannah at the Moscow Farmer's Market. 


And I have to say the my tarot draw sort of works as a picture of what love is as well. I used the Fantastical Creatures Tarot today. This one is great. I love how unique the deck is. Typically the suit of Swords relates to the air element and the Wands relate to fire. (Swords cut through the air and are sharp of wit/intellect while wands create blazing torches to help us see and spur us to action). But in this deck those two elements are switched. I find it fascinating and I was so excited when I first got this deck to learn of the difference. 

The domovoy and his wife are known through Russian legends. Strange looking, shy creatures, they take an active interest inthe home they inhabit. The domovoy likes to live under the doorstep or stove, while his shyer wife prefers to dwell in the basement. 
These little beings are rarely seen or heard by humans. If the family lives in peace and harmony, the domovoy and his wife do their best to help them. If the family ic sontentioous however, the couple adds to the misery.
The domovoy on the card is creating magickal pentagrams to protect his human family and manifest good things for them. 
I think today the domovoy and his wife were very helpful. Hannah and I got through quite a bit of the zone cleaning that we wanted to get done today - not as far as we'd hoped but we still made a good deal of progress - and we were pretty damn cheerful and sweet while going about it, too. 

We'll never have a spotless and perfect house. We're too crazy and creative for that. But having everything basically in it's place and clean and having clothes for the following week - if we can manage that and also find the car keys, then we're way ahead of the game. For me the 6 of Pentacles was the perfect card today. It is all about finding prosperity from within and tending to home and hearth first and foremost. It was nice to get a bit closer to our vision for the apartment. We're likely to live here until we can finally buy a home so we decided we had better make the most of it. With the help our the domovoy and his wife I think this place could be quite cozy for a few more years.  

2 comments:

  1. Wow you have quite the collection of tarot decks, and I enjoy veiwing them. That is a pretty sweet picture of Hannah. This is the the first time Iv'e heard of Domovoy's and I'm intrigued! I hear things under my baseboards and have come to realize we have mice...drats just rats. Ah the slendor of Fall, nice background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Also yeah Hannah and I have quite a few decks - but now I'm kind of obsessed with having a different one for each day so I'm calling in favors from friends and borrowing their decks lol. Also yeah, I'm a big fan of helpful creatures since I'm constantly plagued by mischievous trolls.... or that might just be Hannah and me lol. >_^

      Delete