Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Morning Light and Ancestors

For August Break I snapped a couple of morning light pics since today was supposed to be Unicorn and I sort of snagged that on the first day. 

The Lusso Hotel with a nice slight of AM light.

First thing when I enter the building via the Courtyard I see this in the small foyer. I love rainbow swirls in the brassy letters.
Though this is not a picture of morning light I wanted to include her: this is the full size ad we have in the lobby of the Spokesman-Review building. She's advertising what looks to be a pretty bomb-diggity Oktoberfest. I really want to go if I can. Beer and Riverfront park sound like a good mix.


For the tarot draw today I used my friend Chris' deck: The Ancestral Path Tarot. It's a neat deck that I wouldn't mind getting to know a little better. Today I drew coins again. This time it was the four. For this deck it is the Four of Sacred Circles. 

The one on the right. Meanings: The home environment as the basis for life's experiences. Creating harmony in one's home or work environment. Defining personal space in a communal environment. Spiritualizing the personal environment. Achieving balance by defining the cornerstones of one's existence. Setting things in motion following through preparation. Beginning phase of a task or project.
This was a very good card for me right now. I'm at the half way point of this project and it's getting a bit harder day by day to remember/want to take pictures and do the tarot cards. I need to remind myself that it doesn't always have to be a huge presentation, that I can make it a nice chronicle of my day without taxing myself. That I can 'begin' the project over again each day. Start fresh. And I'm not surprised in the least that it's coins. For me when I look at this card it's about opening yourself up. Many cards are about this, but it's also about closing yourself off. Which is a fascinating paradox: shut yourself up in your room so you can see the world. That's something to ponder. I'd be curious to know what others think of that. To me it can speak of meditation or even the pleasure of curling up in bed with a good book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment