Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Face the Queen of Pentacles

So I have some pictures of faces for August Break but they are not exactly pretty faces. Well one is - but that's because it's Hannah's face. My faces are all sort of silly. Because I'm sort of silly, I guess. Well here goes. Hannah first and then lots of my ugly mug, haha!





Tarot for today: Shadowscapes Tarot by Stephanie Pui Mun Law. Hannah and I fell in love with this deck a long time ago and when I bought it I had intended it to be for both our use, mainly hers. But I sort of hogged it for a while. I found it to be incredibly useful in brainstorming story ideas. And also the art is just amazing. I love it. Every card tells a story or vignette. For me today this card was about seeking help when I need it and being confident that I'll find it. Also it speaks of being available to provide support too. I need to remember to be generous and give time and energy to those that require it of me. It's a very tenuous balancing act and it's important to work on it every day. I need to seek strength from the divine just as this Queen gains strength from the might oak around her and from this strength I can learn to help others as well as help myself. 


Q U E E N o f P E N T A C L E S

"Nurture and care of others, generosity, and possessing a warmth of spirit. The fan of branches arrayed around her figure are reminiscent of the ten-armed Hindu Goddess Durga, embodiment of feminine creative energy. She is dedication, a protector, and one who is reliable and trustworthy. She is secure in her material possessions and her position in life.
The Queen of Pentacles will lend her support to any who asks. She has strength, that she draws from the very Oak tree that she is a part of (or that is a part of her?) She is willing to share that strength that is drawn down from the golden power of life and warmth of the sun itself, and into her branches, and transmuted into purest energy. "Carry this as a token and a reminder that I am always here," she says, taking a leaf from the boughs that whisper a singing susurrus from around her. They sigh in a hundred voices, an eerie harmony of the secrets that they hold for her."

No comments:

Post a Comment