Saturday, August 20, 2016

August Break: My hands and Clouds

So I did manage to get my fingernails all painted different colors today. Technically this was supposed to be for yesterday but I got distracted working on the Bowie room and actually made some headway oh David's lovely little shrine. So I did two August Breaks today and a Tarot draw. First up, my hands. Behold the pasty white Scottish girl.




The second August Break was supposed to be Clouds but I went a little different direction and decided to photograph the cake my mother made for my Aunt and Uncle's 40th Wedding Anniversary and vow renewal. The cake was amazing and the ceremony was so lovely. My Aunt and Uncle were pretty much walking on clouds so... I feel this cake totally works for the prompt. (Sooo many pictures of the cake. Because cake is important!)







My aunt and uncle had their grand-kids fill this bottle with different colored sand during the ceremony to represent their growing family surrounding the rocks at the bottom (the foundation of my aunt and uncle). It was really neat. 
For tarot today I used the Stone Tarot by Alison Stone who is a fellow Graduate from Pine Manor College's Solstice Creative Writing MFA Program. She graduated before I started there. I purchased the deck the second or third time I was in Boston for school. During residencies the Solstice peeps sell books from Writer's in Residence, current and past staff, and also any publications from students past and present, so I was able to get Alison's deck right there at the school. I bought the deck for Hannah because I didn't think I was into Tarot back then. But uh... yeah, as evident by the posts this month, I rather enjoy my tarot and oracles. 

My card is the one in the upper left hand corner. The Eight of Wands: completion, haste, speed, and boldness.
So I'm not really surprised that I drew a want. I'm a little surprised that it was a repeat of the Eight of Wands that I just drew about four days ago. Obviously I need so spend some time really thinking about the meaning of this card. I think the first word says it all though: completion. I need to finish the things I started whether that is pertaining to my creativity, my home life (cleaning), or my work load and goals. I need to see things through the end and pick a project and finish it.

1 comment:

  1. Why do you keep getting 3 of swords and the other one... what is it, nine of wands? Which one is the nightmare card?

    ReplyDelete