Monday, August 22, 2016

It's Hip to be a Square and What did the Raven say?







Today's August Break topic was squares. And I found them. So many squares. I had a fun time limiting my picture taking today. I could have snapped about a million pics of all the sharp angles and squares that exist everywhere at the Spokesman-Review and Downtown Spokane. I hope you enjoyed my exploration of architecture and more. 

This is the door to the supply closet at work. It's truly a masterpiece and even though it isn't exclusively squares, it sure spoke to me today. Ergo I needed to add a picture of it.

For tarot today, I used Chris's Dark Fairytale Tarot deck. I drew the Knave of Cups. I got this card earlier this month. While it's tempting to say "I'm obviously not getting the message," I think that this time around I need to look at it differently. I saw the Knave as a woman open to everything and ready to tackle her quest, naked and young and ready. But this time around the Knave is quite different. The deck describes the Knave of Cups as such: She contemplates the cup of love, but listens to the words of the Raven.


So I wondered what the Raven was telling her. What did the Raven say that made her hesitate to drink from the cup of love? Or at least to continue contemplating the cup. We all know what the Fox says: "Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!" But what does the Raven say? There are many different interpretations concerning the Raven. Some say he's a blabbermouth telling lies, others say he's a Hero come from the darkness.

For me, I think that this card speaks of a girl who is onto something big but can't quite shake the cautionary tales of her 'not too distant' past. I think she's ready to do something big and perhaps a bit reckless but there's the Raven whispering, 'don't put all your eggs in one basket, my love, or you'll be devastated when the basket falls.' And while he speaks of a certain truth, it doesn't mean he always right. Sometimes you're just going to end up with a shit load of cracked eggs. An omelette might not be what you want... but it could be what you need. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey, did the supply closet move upstairs with you guys? If so, did she really take down every wonderful clipping and picture and then adhere them to a new door?

    You and I need to stop being afraid and we need to do what we need to do with this writing business.

    Also, I'd like to imagine that the Raven in the card is one of Odin's come to visit for a moment. Thought and Memory are pretty powerful things and you need both for a lot of things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome supply closet mosiac, as a teen I plastered clippings and art on the wall, well more like taped and tacked. Nice icing on the cake with the Rolling Stones, I sing this to my kids when they complain, and yes I sing it louder when were in public =)Your tarot card pulls are alwaying spot on in my life as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you sing it loud XD - I really enjoy this song. And I'm happy that the tarot draws have been working for you ^_^ I've been really enjoying doing it and looking at the patterns of draws.

      Delete